Get your greens this St. Patrick’s Day with this veggie-loaded soup! Packed with nutritional value, this tasty recipe has been adapted from HBFIT to include iron enrichment with a little help from the Lucky Iron Fish. Whether you’re trying to maintain healthy eating patterns or you need help resetting your routine after St. Patty’s, it’s a delicious and festive way to get your veggies!
Makes approx. 7 servings
2 T coconut oil
1/2 white onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
5 stalks of celery chopped
1 head of broccoli chopped
1 bundle of asparagus chopped
1 zucchini chopped
1 cup spinach
Lucky Iron Fish Water
*Can substitute for vegetable or chicken broth
- In a large pot, bring the Bone Broth to a boil and add your Lucky Iron Fish and a squeeze of lemon. Boil for 10 minutes, then remove your Fish and clean and dry thoroughly.
- Heat coconut oil in large stovetop pan.
- Add onions and garlic. Sauté on medium heat until translucent.
- Add each vegetable one by one stirring continuously.
- Add bone broth plus enough Lucky Iron Fish water to cover vegetables completely.
- Simmer on low-medium heat until tiny bubbles begin to appear in surface of water. Do not bring to a boil.
- Let cool.
- Use an immersion blender to blend thoroughly.