- Lucky Iron Fish
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups finely diced pancetta, about 150g
- 2 red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cartons of chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups of your favourite pasta
- 540mL can romano beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
HEAT a large pot over medium heat. Add 1 tsbp oil, then onion and pancetta. Cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes, broth, salt and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Add Lucky Iron Fish. Let boil for 10 minutes. Remove Lucky Iron Fish and wash/dry immediately. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender.
ADD pasta and continue cooking until pasta is tender (about 8 minutes). Stir in beans. Ladle soup into bowls and top with parmesan and parsely.
Recipe from: Chatelaine