This Kimchi Udon with Scallions recipe makes 8 servings- perfect for the whole family with plenty of leftovers to last you the week.
Not only will this recipe have the whole family raving, but using it with the Lucky Iron Fish will give you your daily iron boost too.
- 1 Lucky Iron Fish⠀⠀
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter⠀⠀
- 2 cups finely chopped kimchi, plus 1 cup kimchi juice⠀⠀
- 4 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)⠀⠀
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth⠀(or veg broth!)⠀⠀
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen udon noodles⠀⠀
- Kosher salt⠀
- 8 large egg yolks, room temperature⠀⠀
- 6 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced on a diagonal⠀⠀
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds⠀
- Boil broth for 10 minutes using the Lucky Iron Fish + a little bit of acid
- you could also use pre-prepped Iron Water if you have⠀
- Heat 4 tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add chopped kimchi and gochujang and cook, stirring occasionally, until kimchi is softened and lightly caramelized, about 4 minutes. ⠀⠀
- Add broth and kimchi juice and bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.⠀⠀
- Meanwhile, boil noodles according to package directions.⠀⠀
- Using tongs, transfer noodles to skillet and add remaining butter; cook, tossing often, until sauce coats noodles, about 2 minutes. ⠀⠀
Season with salt if needed. Divide among bowls and top with egg yolks, scallions, and sesame seeds.⠀