The simplest and easiest way to use your Lucky Iron Fish is to make your drinking water for the day. As an alternative, you can combine your LIF Water with fruit juice high in Vitamin C , like orange juice. If you want to get really creative, you can simply add to the Fish to your boiling liquid or broth based meals like soups, stews, curries or sauces.
To make iron fortified water you will need:
- 1 Lucky Iron Fish
- 1 L of water
- 2-3 drops of acidity (citrus - lemon, lime, orange,)
- Boil your Fish in 1L of water with 2-3 drops of citrus for 10 minutes.
- Remove your Fish and let the water cool. Let sit on counter or in the fridge for up to 2 days.
If you want to make more than 1L of water you can follow these steps:
- For 2L of water, add 4-6 drops of acidity and boil your Lucky Iron Fish for 20 minutes
- For 3L of water, add 6-9 drops of acidity and boil your Lucky Iron Fish for 30 minutes.