What is quick, flavourful, and PACKED with iron + protein? This Tom Yum Soup made with the Lucky Iron Fish right here!
- 4 cups of your fav stock⠀
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced⠀
- 4 garlic cloves, minced⠀
- 1 tsp grated lime zest⠀
- 1 cup coconut milk⠀
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 12 raw shrimps (shells removed)⠀
- handfuls of your fav veg (broccoli, carrots, spinach etc.)⠀
- handful of chopped tomatoes⠀
- handful of chopped mushroom (we prefer shiitake!)⠀
- handful of torn fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fish sauce⠀
- 2 tbsp tom yum paste (we love Aroy-D's!!)⠀
- freshly chopped Thai red chillies, to taste⠀
- few Kaffir Lime leaves, if you have access⠀
1️⃣ Pour the stock in a pot and cover it with a lid. Bring it to a rolling boil on medium heat. Then add the Lucky Iron Fish/ Leaf and continue boiling for 10 more minutes. Remove the Fish/ Leaf and wash + dry it.
2️⃣ Add all the 'Broth' ingredients except for coconut milk and lime juice. ⠀
Also add any of the 'Optional' ingredients you wish to include. Let it all simmer for 2 minutes.
3️⃣ Add all the 'Toppings' ingredients except cilantro. Simmer till shrimp is pink + plump and the veggies are cooked down a little.
4️⃣ Reduce heat to medium-low. Now add coconut milk and lime juice. Simmer again for another 2 minutes.
5️⃣ Do a taste test and adjust as needed. Then turn off the heat and add the cilantro.
Voila! Your iron-infused Tom Yum soup is ready!
IF you happen to have any leftovers (highly unlikely 🤤), this makes for a fantastic lunch the next day too!